If you’re a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipient and have been eagerly awaiting your October check, we have news for you: you won’t be receiving it this month.
Instead, your next SSI payment will arrive in early November. The reasons behind this payment schedule shift and provide information on what to expect for the rest of the year.
Typically, the Social Security Administration disburses SSI checks on the first of each month, ensuring that beneficiaries receive their financial support promptly.
However, there are exceptions to this regular payment schedule, which are as follows:
- a holiday that falls on the first of the month.
- when a weekend precedes the first day of the month.
This year, October 1 fell on a Sunday, triggering an early distribution of October payments. As a result, SSI beneficiaries should have received their October payment on Friday, September 29.
This means that there won’t be an additional SSI payment in October.
SSI vs. Other Social Security Benefits
It’s important to note that if you receive other Social Security benefits besides SSI, you will still receive those on their scheduled days, as they typically fall on Wednesdays.
The specific payment schedule for other Social Security benefits is outlined as follows:
- October 3: Social Security payments for individuals receiving Social Security benefits since before May 1997.
- October 11: one that is observed on the first of the month.
- when the first day of the month falls on a weekend.
- Social Security payments are due on October 18 for anyone whose birthdays fall between October 11 and October 20.
- October 25: Social Security payments for people with birthdays falling between the 21st and 31st of any given month.
SSI Payment Schedule Remainder of 2023
For SSI recipients, here is the revised payment schedule for the remainder of 2023:
- Friday, September 29 (for October)
- October (no payment, as explained above)
- Wednesday, November 1
- Friday, December 1
It’s essential to stay informed about the upcoming payment schedule to ensure you receive your SSI benefits on time.
The adjustment in the SSI payment schedule for October is due to the first of the month falling on a Sunday.
While SSI beneficiaries received their October payments a few days earlier in September, they won’t receive an additional payment in October.
For the remainder of 2023, the regular payment schedule will resume in November and December, ensuring SSI recipients continue to receive the financial support they depend on.
If you receive other Social Security benefits, refer to the specific payment schedule for those benefits to plan your financial arrangements accordingly.
Read Next: Extending Medicaid Coverage to Over 2 Million Additional Individuals