As we approach Veterans Day 2023, it’s a time to honor and show appreciation for those who have served in the military. In the United States, Veterans Day falls on November 11 each year, and it’s a day dedicated to recognizing and thanking our military personnel for their service and sacrifice.
Many businesses across the country join in this celebration by offering discounts and freebies to veterans, active-duty service members, and their families to express gratitude.
- Texas Roadhouse: Texas Roadhouse is known for its delicious steaks and friendly atmosphere. On November 11, between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., they extend their heartfelt thanks to active-duty military and veterans by providing the opportunity to dine in or receive a meal voucher. These meal vouchers can be redeemed for dine-in or carryout and remain valid until May 30, 2024.
- Denny’s: Denny’s, a popular breakfast and diner chain, offers a free Original Grand Slam on November 10 from 5 a.m. to noon for veterans and military personnel with valid military ID or DD214.
Honoring Veterans on Veterans Day
- Under Armour: Retail enthusiasts can rejoice as Under Armour offers up to 40% off purchases between November 2 and 19 for active-duty service members, veterans, military spouses, and family members. This is an excellent opportunity to grab sportswear and athletic gear at discounted prices.
- Fareway: This grocery store chain extends a 15% discount to veterans, active-duty military, and reserve and guard members on November 11, allowing them to save on shopping.
Travel and Recreation:
- CheapOair: If you’re planning to travel, CheapOair offers up to $25 off flight fees with the promo code VTRN25, making your Veterans Day travel plans more budget-friendly.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers: To show gratitude, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers waives day-use fees at its recreation areas nationwide on November 11, allowing eligible military members to enjoy the great outdoors without the usual fees.
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts: Eligible military members can also enjoy everyday savings of up to 15% off the Best Available Rate at participating Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, providing comfortable and affordable lodging options.
Proof of Military Service:
It’s important to note that most businesses offering these discounts and freebies require proof of military service.
The VA benefits photo ID card is a reliable option for veterans who receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health benefits. If you don’t have a VA benefits card, the VA can provide you with a Veterans ID Card, which is widely accepted as proof of service.
In some states, veteran status is included on state ID cards and driver’s licenses, offering an additional ID card option. As a last resort, most businesses will accept a copy of your DD-214 as proof of service.
Check with Individual Businesses:
While many national chains participate in Veterans Day programs, it’s advisable to check with individual businesses to confirm participation, as not all franchise locations may participate in these initiatives.
To find out which restaurants, stores, and businesses offer discounts this Veterans Day, you can visit military.com’s website, which provides a comprehensive list of participating establishments.
On Veterans Day, let us all take a moment to express our gratitude to the brave men and women who have served our country. These discounts and freebies offered by businesses nationwide are a small but meaningful way to show our appreciation for their dedication and sacrifice.