A woman is hit by a subway and loses both feet after her boyfriend pushes her onto the tracks during a fight- cops

In a distressing incident in Manhattan, a dispute between a woman and her boyfriend led to a life-altering tragedy when she was pushed onto the tracks of an incoming subway train, resulting in the loss of both her feet.

This harrowing event took place at the Fulton Street Station, near Chambers Street, around 10:25 a.m. on a seemingly ordinary Saturday. Police sources confirmed the victim, a 29-year-old woman whose identity remains confidential, was struck by a southbound 3 train, which led to severe and irreversible injuries.

The altercation between the woman and her assailant, later identified as 35-year-old Christian Valdez, escalated to a tragic conclusion when he reportedly pushed her onto the tracks.

Valdez evaded immediate capture by fleeing the crime scene, initiating an urgent manhunt by local law enforcement agencies. His freedom was short-lived as New York Police Department officers apprehended him later that night in Brooklyn, at approximately 9:35 p.m., during an unrelated meeting with a parole officer.

Upon arrest, Valdez was subjected to police questioning, during which he allegedly admitted to the act of pushing his girlfriend onto the tracks amid their confrontation. He has been charged with attempted murder and felony assault and was remanded in custody without bail after his arraignment on the following Sunday.

The victim was swiftly attended to by emergency services after the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) took the critical action of de-energizing the subway’s third rail.

She was transported to Bellevue Hospital in a critical state, where doctors were compelled to amputate her right leg below the knee and her left leg above the knee due to the severity of her injuries. Additionally, she sustained multiple fractures and a severe lung injury, which further complicated her medical condition.

The initial cause of the confrontation between the victim and Valdez has not been clarified. However, eyewitness accounts provided a vivid recount of the aftermath.

One bystander, William, who claimed to have military experience, applied his emergency medical skills to aid the injured woman. He reported her shock and despair during those critical moments, highlighting the sudden and brutal nature of the incident.

This tragic occurrence was closely followed by another unrelated subway fatality in Midtown, amplifying the day’s grim atmosphere. A man was reported to have been fatally struck by a train at the intersection of Seventh Avenue and West 53rd Street, though details remain sparse.

The back-to-back subway tragedies have sent ripples of concern and mourning throughout the city, igniting conversations about subway safety, mental health, and the need for preventive measures to avoid future incidents.

As the city grapples with these traumatic events, there is a collective call for reflection and action to ensure the safety and well-being of all New Yorkers in their daily commutes.

About the author

Author description olor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed pulvinar ligula augue, quis bibendum tellus scelerisque venenatis. Pellentesque porta nisi mi. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Etiam risus elit, molestie 

Leave a Comment